Port Authority Vigo
Sky status : Covered Wind status: Southwest wind Temperature variation: Stable Temperatures 17,0°C
Estación Muelle Trasatlánticos
Bouzas Port Area

Bouzas Port Area

Bouzas Port Area hosts the largest port terminal and operating industrial facilities of the Port of Vigo, with almost 860,000 m2. It is divided into 2 main areas according to the activities that are carried out in each one. 

The Ro-Ro Terminal

This is a specialised terminal in RO-RO general cargo traffics;  i.e., with operation through rolling means.  It has five fixed ramps and  one mobile ramp for vessel berthing, and an adjoining open air storage area of some 400,000 m2. These ramps range from 150m length and 8m depth to 369m and 14m depth. Therefore, they are perfectly capable of hosting any of today´s large carriers.

Annexed to these ramps there is a huge area of 400,000 m2 for cargo storage.  The main activity in this terminal relates to new vehicles, 75% of them for export purposes and the remaining 25% for import.

The Vigo Free Trade Zone Consortium premises are also located in this area as offices and storage sites available for those sectors operating under free trade zone regime.

The terminal has direct connections trough road motorways.

QUAYS AND BERTHSClassification by basinsCommercial basins The Ro-Ro Terminal

Name

Lenght (m)

Depht (m) 

Width (m)

Uses

Ramp 2

152 8 50 Ro-Ro traffic

Ramp 3

204 10 40 Ro-Ro traffic

Ramp 4

159 8 50 Ro-Ro traffic

Ramp 5

301 11 40 Ro-Ro traffic

Ramp 6

368 14 40 Ro-Ro traffic

Mobile Ramp 7

 200  15  31 Ro-Ro traffic

 

Logo Red transeuropea de transporte

In terms of relevant infrastructures, the SILO for vertical storage of vehicles increased the capacity of Bouzas terminal in 60,000 m2, allowing a total 4,000 vehicles to be stored in its three heights (expandable to four) without the need to carry out further extensions by land reclamation.

The particular design of this infrastructure, especially light because of the use of steel beams and tramex slabs, has allowed for much wider spaces and separations for vehicles, far superior to those of other similar structures in other ports, what results in higher safety and quality standards, very important in the handling of this valuable cargo.

In addition to its modern systems for supplying, lighting, fire detection and extinguishing, the installation of photovoltaic panels integrated in blue translucent glass, provides an installed power of 100kW to generate electricity to sell back to the grid, while being aesthetically integrated in the whole of the façade.

 

Photo Bouzas

Repairs Dock

It is the other large area within the port area of Bouzas, created from the development of the Coia dam, which protects the large Bouzas-Coia basin, where the main shipyards of Vigo are located.

In addition to the berthing line available for ships that need to make repairs afloat, this dock has an area of more than 200,000m2 dedicated mainly to repair and shipbuilding, in which are located the main companies of the ancillary sector of the mentioned shipyards. Ancillary sector covering absolutely all phases of the building and repair of all type of ships, from propulsion engines and hydraulic, electrical, electronic, communication systems, to all phases of boiler-making, welding, painting and shot blasting of all types of ships. From coastal fishing ships, freezer trawlers, tuna vessels, reefer ships, etc., to large car carriers, ferries, offshore suppliers, seismic or other scientific vessels equipped with the latest technology.

In the same basin, there are docks devoted to ship supplying and long stay ship berthing, mainly for fishing vessels

DOCKS AND BERTHSClassification by basins

Name

Length (m)

Depth (m)

Width (m)

Uses

In fishing basins

       

Bouzas basin nº 1

456

5

20

Supplying and Ship repairs

Bouzas basin nº 2

41

5

12

Supplying and Ship repairs

Bouzas basin nº 2

487

3

15

Supplying and Ship repairs

Repairs Dock (E.)

145

10

12

Shipbuilding and repair

Repairs Dock (S.E.)

339

10.0 // 5.1

25

Shipbuilding and repair

Enlargement Repairing Dock 1st Alig.

112

5

32

Shipbuilding and repair

Enlargement Repairing Dock 2nd Alig.

42

5

10

Shipbuilding and repair

Enlargement Repairing Dock 3rd Alig.

275

7 // 5

12

Shipbuilding and repair

TOTAL

1897